Delhuntie Youth Care
Delhuntie Youth Care Inc. is a not-for-profit wilderness based adventure therapy centre providing programs for struggling adults and youth for over 40 years, founded by Elwyn & Helen Scale. We provide a holistic experience – physical, mental, spiritual, emotional & nutritional.
The programs assist and train youth to deal with the struggles in their lives and equip them with the personal skills and tools to manage life effectively in the future.
We help free feelings of low self-worth, self-hate, anger and boredom and be transformed by discovering a new interest in life by providing perceived risk programs in a safe, loving and supportive environment, giving trust.
THE NEW DELHUNTIE
In 2011 a new site for Delhuntie Youth Care was found on the mid north coast of NSW near Bulahdelah. This Centre is currently in stage 2 of its development and is in full operation. Bulahdelah has become the focal point of our programs based all over the country. The new site has 200 acres of pristine coastal bushland with a diverse array of vegetation with rocky high rain forest peaks to beautiful low rainforest areas, with exciting breath-taking activities.
We are surrounded by state forests and the beautiful Myall Lakes National Park including access to the lakes and ocean within minutes from base camp. Delhuntie is an easy 2.5hrs drive from Sydney. We can offer our programs all over the country and have many satellite programs running in most states together with lovely rain forest walks, a large lake for swimming with heaps of activities surrounding it - haymans swing, bomb pole, icebergers, jetty, canoeing, sky walk and heaps of activities throughout the mountains. If you haven’t seen Jemaroo and the features of this breathtaking activity, you’ve been robbed of an exceptional experience.
A bride recently said “this swing bridge is sensational leading to the bush chapel”. Soon to be built “Death Before Glory” which will build your self-worth beyond your expectations. Ever thought how cool it would be to sleep in trees and be rocked to sleep by the gentle breeze to be awaken by bird calls!! Nothing better than around the fire at night sharing amazing stories – how Delhuntie was built and evolved.
DELHUNTIE PROGRAMS ARE USED
• Individuals at Risk, Disadvantaged (Prisoners, JPET, Juvenile Justice)
• School & Prison Chaplains
• School Groups from Primary & Secondary
• Special Needs Groups (Deaf, Blind, Physically Disabled, Slow Learners, Illiterate, Special Gifts)
• Recreational Clubs (Little Athletes, Pathfinders, Swimming, Football, Scouts, Cadets etc)
• Families: Enrichment & Power to Cope
• Community Clubs (Rotary, Lions & Apex)
• Spiritual Groups
• Corporate & Business
• Building Self-Worth in Youth
• School Programs
• Anger Management in Youth
• Training Programs & Workshops
• Residential Care for Suicide Victims
• Job & Employment Training
• Desert Marathons: 150kms plus
• Pinnacle Mobile: Character Building
OUR PHOTO GALLERY
Restoring lives is what these dedicated people do best.
You too can become part of this world in a beautiful country setting.
Why not come and be trained?